Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Walking the thin line when it comes to Headbands

So lately I have been trying to be more creative when it comes to covering up bad hair days/with headgear in general. I am a busy lady and to be honest, don't always have the time/drive to wash my hair... not when there are so many exciting things going on in the world! Who has time for such details??

As a rule, I am very inspired by the 1920's and since I have so many scarves lying around, I have decided to try and recreate the 20's turban look, in a more modern sense of course..

Here in lies the dilemma.. using a bandana or scarf on one's head can either look elegant or go super awry a la Bret Michaels... you see, I'm afraid of looking more like this:

than this:



So after some experimenting, and on the spot inspiration, I came up with this:


I simply slid a cameo onto a lovely vintage scarf and wa-lah! I'm pleased with the results and have found a quick, simple solution to my dirty-hair days! yay!!

and to send us off with a little headband action:


and

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. you may scoff at bret michaels headband, but every rose DOES have it's thorn, just like every night has it's dawn, just like every cowboy sings a sad, sad song...

    ReplyDelete